This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Yardwerk, Kraftwerk's ugly stepsister.

In one corner of our front yard, there is a twig which my wife, K, holds dear to her heart. She refuses to believe it's just a twig, of course; to her, it's a potential hydrangea. This is, indeed, a beautiful flower; but this twig is not beautiful. In fact, it's barely visible, hidden under a wad of pachysandra.

I think it originally came from my mother; it was a gift that came too late in the season to plant, but was planted anyhow, and hasn't bloomed since. K sees leaves on it. I see moss.

Before I went out to trim the hedges and mow the lawn today, she implored me to not step on the twig. Step on it? I can't even see it! Nonetheless, I gave it a wide berth; so wide, in fact, that that section of the hedge wasn't trimmed.

Even so, I'm positive the damn thing won't grow, and I'll be to blame, somehow...

No comments: