This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Thursday, April 25, 2002

Far be it from me to link to InstaPundit, one of the "famous" blogs, but I actually agree with this observation:
Of course, sometimes a peace movement can be right. But the thing is, I don't think that most people in today's "peace movement" are there because they want peace. If that were the case, they'd object to war in general. Most, however, only seem to mind war on behalf of civilization.


Gawd, I've become a war-monger! But it's true, isn't it? Why condemn soldiers and look the other way at suicide bombers?

However, there's plenty else to dislike about this blog, as well as the whole "reasonable right-wing," as witness this:
Hated? Me? How can you hate someone for a weblog? But then, hatred doesn't come as easily to me as it does to so many who see themselves as part of the Forces of Good. Oh well. I'm tempted to say let them hate me, so long as they fear me. And there are more bloggers where I come from. . . .


He's talking about the academic left, which is pretty well ignored in American political discourse anyway. But to me, "hatred" is about saying my brother-in-law is evil because he's gay, or welfare mothers don't love their children, or that I am neither citizen nor patriot because I am an atheist. (This last was said by none other than George H. W. Bush back in '88.) "Hatred" is a corner pretty well occupied by the American right, if you ask me. Not that they don't have a few companions.

Hey, Squelch, didn't you say this wouldn't be a political blog? Shaddup.

No comments: