This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Monday, August 12, 2002

Sigh. How do you get an IDEA out from your head and onto paper? Someone once described writer's block as simple fear. Maybe that's true. Maybe I just need to sit down and Do It.

Maybe I need to quit thinking of myself as a writer, and the writing will come unbidden. Irony: I once started to write a story about that (using a fantasy metaphor of powers that only mature when you stop wanting them to do so), but (of course!) I never finished it.

Maybe the time isn't right--after all, how many good stories have come out of exhaustion and new parenthood? Um... a hell of a lot, Squelch. Shut up.

If I were a superhero, I would want my superpower to be Story Sense.

Is it just this: it's easier to be creative at 21 than at 30? Maybe.

Maybe it's time to open Clarence's card. No... not yet. (I am a seagull! No... not that...)

No comments: