This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Music? K's sister and her wife visited today, on their way home to Florida after a vacation in New England. It's always fun to see them.

I recorded a demo song today and sent it to the rest of the Gonnas to put some lyrics to it. My lyric muse has left me in recent years. The last decent lyric I wrote was to a song I wrote for D after he was born. The chord progression of this new song was just too good to lose, though. Sorry, no link to the new song. Too embryonic at this stage.

My electric guitar, which I bought for $50 in working order, is in the shop for $150 worth of repairs. It's still less than buying a new guitar that looks just like it, as nice as it'd be. Besides, once it's done, it'll be brand new.

My thought when I bought the thing was that I'd just fix it myself--it needed a re-wire and maybe a new pick-up--but when I ripped the guts out and discovered I didn't really know what I was doing, I decided it wasn't worth the time to do it myself, but it was worth the money to have someone else do it.

So when the neck of my acoustic got cracked during rehearsal, and the repair guy at Atomic Music did such a great job at fixing it, I figured I'd shove some more work his way. So, with any luck, on Friday I'll have a nice new-ish black Les Paul knockoff, and I can finally learn how to play lead.

Sorry, that's the best I can do for entertaining stories today. Except, maybe, that Aunt K---n took D for a five-minute walk that wound up--because of D's tenacity in walking where he wants, dammit--being forty minutes, and ended only when K---n picked him up and forcibly carried him all the way home from Greenbelt Lake.

No comments: