This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Friday, June 21, 2002

Wait 'til next year. I mean, next four years. I think. Well, we lost the game (not match, game, damn it!) against Germany, so I'd guess my friend Geoff of Portland, Oregon is probably crying in his beer (and yes, it's twelve hours after the game ended, but he was a dedicated drinker in college).*

I held my own little tribute to Team USA in the backyard, after the solemn ritual of cleaning up the dog poop. I kicked my son's soccer ball, hit his plastic slide-cum-jungle-gym-thing, and shouted, "Gooooooooooooooal!"

Our area is strictly a football (American) and baseball town. None of our neighbors were around, but if they were, they probably would have shook their heads in amused dismay. As I like to think they often do around me...

*True drinking habits may have been exaggerated for comedic purposes.

No comments: