This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Sunday, June 16, 2002

Just wait 'til you're 30, kid. Went to Pennsylvania yesterday evening for C---s' 21st birthday party. As usual I felt caught between two worlds. Well... that's not quite accurate. But I certainly felt out of place. My brother and sister take after Mom and Steve (my stepfather) pretty equally, so they're both blonde and beautiful. I however take after my father almost exclusively--I'm dark and Slavic. And not Goran Visnjic beautiful-Slav, either, just your basic round-headed punched-in-the-face-with-bad-skin Slavic. So when I hang out with them, I feel adopted. Additionally, I spent most of my time away from them, as my father had the lion's share of custody. There's a bond between us, don't get me wrong. But my feelings of fraud and inadequacy multiply when I'm there... entirely unfairly. Maybe I'm just unhappy unless I'm in the spot light.

There's more to write about this, but I want to go to sleep, not write, so you're the lucky beneficiary. Ha!

No comments: