This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Gonna talk more about the Gonnas at some point, too. Ya know what I hate? I hate when bloggers mention they'll tell their readers about something in more detail and then never get around to it. So, in the interest of preventing this from happening to me, here's a list of topics I've brought up but not finished.

  • A more detailed explication of What It Takes To Be A Nielsen Family.
  • How your blood type changes between pregnancies.
  • The continuing adventures of D's vocabulary.

I think, after a quick perusal of the archives, that's everything that I've left hanging. Could be worse, I suppose.

Had an excellent rehearsal with The Gonnas tonight--our first with the whole band in nearly a month. (Rex, Jeff, and I met last Friday, but Tony couldn't make it.) It was fun, although we were pretty rusty. I'm sure we didn't sound much worse than usual.

Rex finally wrote the lyrics to a really beautiful song, called "Colorado." Very simple, pretty melody, simple chords... always the simple ones that you like, isn't it? We jammed it a while back, before Tony joined us, but never finalized the lyrics until now.

We haven't done as much jam-writing since Tony joined... before it was just guitar (me), drums (Jeff), and vocals (Rex), but with the addition of bass (Tony), while it's an essential element of the sound, it's much harder to just invent a song on-the-fly... at least for me. Hey, that's OK. It's still fun to cover "Material Girl" with four males.

No comments: