This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Thursday, June 13, 2002

Like a DNA helix.

Speaking of pregnancy, K had an ultrasound today. (Yes, I wrote my usual jealous-of-everyone crap before I wrote about this. My priorities aren't just misplaced, they're twisted.) Anyway the baby is so BIG now--the due date is August 2--that he/she doesn't even fit in a single ultrasound window. We got a very good picture of her face, though, and she's pretty. (Aside: No, we don't know the sex of the baby, but for some reason I think of it as a girl. I did with D, too, though, so my track record isn't great. But how great does one's track record have to be? The chances are pretty good either way. This is why I find it so silly when people--total strangers usually--come up to K and say "I bet you're having a boy because you're carrying so low" or whatever. Either you're right or you're wrong--this is not exactly the Belmont Stakes here! The baby will be a boy or a girl, 2:1 odds, no matter how you slice it. End of aside.)

The good news is, the placenta, which was low at the last ultrasound, has moved into the right place, so no scheduled C-section. And unlike with D, K's blood pressure is still in the normal range, so the danger of toxemia is lower. Practice makes perfect, I guess, and the third one will be the easiest of all. Why? 'Cause there won't BE a third one, of course! K's made that clear, and I'm going to be only too happy to remind her of that if she ever brings it up...

No comments: