This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Sunday, July 07, 2002

Thar she blows! Thar I hurl! I think I haven't gotten enough sleep lately. I feel, right now, as though I'm on a ship at sea. Drunk, on a ship at sea. During a squall. And I don't have my sea-legs yet. I.E., I'm dizzy.

Being that I can't really drink alcohol, it's an amusing and new experience. Not that I've never been drunk. But it's been a while. Zoloft'll do that to you.

I wanted to write a little film-noir story for your amusement, but I don't think it's going to happen, not tonight. I also wanted to fool with my Darwin partition, but that, too, is not going to happen.

What is going to happen, clearly: I am going to wash up and lie down in bed, where I will not, despite my tiredness, sleep. Because that is what always happens. I shall never know why I cannot sleep in my bed at night, and yet can go through a day exhausted and take a nap at noon if the opportunity presents itself. If I could just sleep as scheduled, I wouldn't be tired during the day... right?

I didn't nap today. I biked around the lake, took the dog for a walk, cooked cheeseburgers on the grill. (I wonder if any of my friends who live in cities are looking at me with envy. Nah...) Yesterday I swam in the city pool with K and D, if by "swam" one means "treaded water, failed to float, and was flummoxed by the dog-paddle." Did you know I was nearly the only person from my high school to fail to graduate because they didn't pass the swimming test? That'll be another story for later, where I can also touch on such interesting topics as The Christmas I Spent In The Hospital and What Happens When You Don't Show Up For Your Own Surprise Party.

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings!" Was Clarence right, or duped by Hallmark? Talk amongst yourselves, and I'll weigh in on that tomorrow.

No comments: