This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Steve is better than Joe, too. If you have, like I have, a two year old child, you know Blue. Blue of Blue's Clues, that is. For those who don't know, Blue's Clues is a nearly ubiquitous TV show for preschoolers; it broadcasts on Nickelodeon daily and on CBS on Saturdays. If you are, like I am, in a rock band, especially a fairly unsuccessful one, you've had dreams about rock and roll shows. But have you had dreams about rock and roll Blue's Clues?

This morning I woke up absolutely convinced that the Gonnas (my band) had come up with the moneymaking idea of doing a Blue's Clues cover band for adults. And man, we were rocking! We even came up with our own theme song--it was, I think, kind of a combination of the current Blue's Clues song ("Because they're who's clues? Blue's Clues!") and the Aerosmith version of the Wayne's World theme ("It's Blue's Clues! It's Blue's Clues! It's party time, it's excellent!"). I'm not entirely sure, because I don't really remember the song, just that I thought, at the time, that it was the best rock song I had ever heard in my life.

It's gone now, of course. Dammit! Coulda been our road to Casey Kasem's Top 40!

No comments: