This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Wednesday, May 01, 2002

At Least They Didn't Cover Guns 'n' Roses. Last night, our next-door neighbor, by which I mean our next-wall neighbor, since we live in a townhouse, our next-door neighbor held a karaoke party, of sorts, by which I mean she invited a group of musicians over, quite good musicians in fact, and they played jazz for a while, by which I mean from nine PM to midnight, and though I love jazz and very much respected their prowess, by which I mean I was insanely jealous that their guitarist was better than me, nine PM to midnight is prime sleep time for a parent whose child had been teething the past two nights, and I'm something of a musician myself, by which I mean that when music is played, especially at night, I can't tune it out, so I did not sleep until well after midnight, because they talked, you see, even after they started playing, and I had to wake up early to drop the cat off at the vet, and by the end of the day, I was trying to put my son down for a nap, but of course he had slept soundly all night, by which I mean he had slept soundly for the first time in two days, and didn't sleep that afternoon, which reduced me nearly to tears, and forced me to think only in run-on sentences.

Got that?

No comments: