This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Monday, September 02, 2002

I'm not eight years old anymore.

Here's another perspective on someone having an affair and ending their marriage. Though it sounds like somewhat of a different situation than my friend, it's very difficult to read something like this and not think about the other side of the story (the one who's being cuckolded).

Granted, the author is describing a completely different marriage, one that did not last thirteen years, and was entered when the parties were much younger. And I, of course, don't know the whole situation and have no right to judge her. But it's very hard, lately, to have ANY sympathy for folks who walk out on their spouses, knowing that my friend has been a nervous wreck, not to mention nearly suicidal at times. So, you'll excuse me, if I have no sympathy for his ex. I know where my loyalty lies, and I'm not going to shed any tears for the cheater. No matter how painful it was to leave, it's got to be more painful to be left.

K's and my anniversary is coming up. 8 years. My parents were married ten. Here's hoping we last past that mark. I'm just a little terrified. But I can always look to my mom and my stepfather, I suppose, who have been together over twenty years now.

No comments: