This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

In response to a comment below.

Let me be clear, I don't want to ape Pixar... Well, not really. But I do want my animation to be, y'know, GOOD. And mostly, right now, I think it's fear that's holding me back at the moment. (And before I get deep into this, let me emphasize that I completely agree with Lango that one should make a film to make a film, not get a job; in fact that's my standard answer now when people ask me whether I want a job in The Industry.)

Fear of what? I don't know. I suppose there's a lot of mourning there as well. I was already a bit out of the animation mode when my father died, and in some way that's made thing even more difficult to take up again. That's a kind of fear, isn't it?

But mostly, I'm just bloody lazy, and I want to be fluent in my new software immediately, no learning required. I suppose I ought to start over with C4D the way I started with Hash A:M--slowly and with tiny projects at first. Let "Citizen Kane" come later.

So--back to basics with a small story, just to learn, not to distribute.

But I've gotten so spoiled by all them film festivals!

Speaking of which, on September 28, <ESC> will open the Philadelphia FirstGlance film fest. All my Philadelphia peeps, I expect to see you there. More info is at this link.

No comments: