This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

All thumbs.

The biggest problem with mobile Safari right now is its stability. Even after the most recent 1.0.1 software update, I still get frequent crashes (in fact, I got one during that very sentence). I really do hope Apple can get its act together soon, because browsing the web with a finger is actually a much more pleasant experience than doing so with a mouse. It's amazing how much more pleasant, in fact--I now find myself reaching for the phone over the computer much of the time, and I don't think it's just novelty. You really have a sense of being deep in the page, and you don't miss scroll bars at all.

In other news, I'm oddly comfortable with the smaller, portrait orientation keyboard, probably because I'm getting quite fast with one-finger typing, analogous, I suppose, with the fact that I never learned to touch-type. Perhaps if I practice with the thumbs a bit more I'll chnngw my mind. Given that last typo was done with my thumbs, though, maybe not. My thumbs are just too big. I wonder if they hired the hand model on the various iPhone videos based on that criterion...

No comments: