This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Today's the day.

VOTE.


Can I mention just how annoying it is that PG County schools are closed on Election Day?

One of my most vivid memories is the big, curtained voting machines taking up half the gym at my elementary school. But because we worship the God of Safety here in the '00s, my son and daughter will never have that memory.

I wonder if that is a potential disenfranchisement issue. How many parents, I wonder, will miss voting because they need to stay home to take care of their kids? I suppose not too many--they'll just take them along, like I do. (And D would be staying home today anyway--he has some sort of bronchial thing goin' on.)

No comments: