This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Monday, November 06, 2006

More sluggishness.

I can now Ask For My Slug By Name on the local subnet. Quite cool. I cannot, however, ask for other machines by name while on the slug. (I suppose I could just edit my /etc/hosts file, but what would be the fun in that?)

I've moved the tiny bit of BitTorrenting that I do onto the slug, so Azureus doesn't take up all the processor time on the iMac. And--just to see if I could do it--I compiled IceCast, Litestream, and MuSE to turn the slug into an Internet radio station. Haven't tested it yet though, as there aren't any mp3s on the slug just yet.

Still to do: recompile the kernel to allow HFS+ disk support. And if you believe that...

No comments: