This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dayum.

If my experience at the polls is any indicator, the Republicans are gonna be smashed today.

I live in a heavily Democratic district, and I always vote at the same time: just after 9 A.M., when I drop my daughter off at nursery school (the school and my polling place are in the same building). Usually, there are fewer than ten people ahead of me and I'm out of there within fifteen minutes.

Not so today. The place was packed. And it wasn't because of voting machine glitches; things were moving quickly, but people just kept on coming. It made me proud.

Now if there was actually a paper record of our votes, that would be even better.

In any case, vote. Especially if you're planning to vote Democratic. Remember, we only win if we're beyond the margin of theft.

Edit: That last sentence is a bit too "vote for my team 'cause the other team sucks!" for my tastes. So let me put it this way. I don't care if you're a Republican, Democrat, or other. But it is your duty as an American to bring divided government back to Washington. That's the only way to limit the constitutional damage that George W. Bush has wrought and will continue to wring. VOTE.

No comments: