This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Ten-Song Meme

NTodd tagged me for this, even if he didn't want to admit it:
List ten songs that you are currently digging...it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.


If you have iTunes, click here to jump to an iMix with all the tracks--well, except the Gonnas, I guess.

No Beatles included, because I'm always enjoying them. Ditto for the Beach Boys.

Now, to tag people. It could be tough to choose five, because I only have about four readers. Oh well, let's try Godfrey, Clarence, Lyn, Mike, and of course Laura.

If you have a blog, leave a list to your link--er, a link to your list in the comments; if you don't have a blog or don't feel like cluttering up your purple prose, just put the whole list in the comments. Then tag five other people, so you can annoy them as much as I've annoyed you.

3 comments:

Laura said...

All right, here's my list:

http://dpcc.com/lpetix/brain/

(I don't give entries their own distinct URL links, but it's in the July 26, 2005, 4:41 AM entry.)

And if you'd like a copy of any of these songs, Squelch, just e-mail me.

Anonymous said...

As the one without a blog, I'll post my list here.

"The Good In Everyone" from Sloan's A Sides Win. This is a 2 minute slice of power pop heaven, with no audience overdubbed as it was on One Chord To Another.

"Where's Jerry Lewis?" from the Frogs' My Daughter the Broad. Wrong on SO many levels.

"Let's Dance" from M. Ward's The Transfiguration of Vincent. If you thought Bowie's song was a slice of cheese, listen to this. It's been reinterpreted as a lo-fi Appalachian folk ballad, and when you listen, you can finally hear it's a genuinely great song.

"Norwegian Wood" by Buddy Rich, from Blue Note Plays the Beatles. Big Band Beatles. Read "Bill Graham Presents" for Graham's take on how Rich won over a Fillmore crowd by playing this.

"Nuclear War" from Yo La Tengo's Prisoners of Love. Drummer Georgia Hubley gets a showcase, and does she ever make the most of it.

"I'd Love to Kiss the Bangles" from the Saw Doctors' Play It Again Sham! *Such* exuberance. And lyrics I can really get behind.

"Jack Fig" from the Leo Kottke Anthology. The last part of a medley from the live My Feet Are Smiling. It's astounding that there's only one person on stage playing this.

"Wack Wack" by the Young-Holt Trio, from a mix tape. Haven't heard the tape in a while, actually, but the song pops up in Bad News Bears and it got me smiling again.

"Too Hot" from the Specials' self-titled debut. I make a point of playing this at least once a summer.

"Hozanna" from Astrid's Boy For You. I no longer have this on vitamin rotation (once a day, every day), but after half a decade it's still one of the most important songs in my life.

"This is my story both humble and true;
Take it to pieces and mend it with glue."
--John Lennon

Anonymous said...

Ok, ok, http://www.uncorked.org/holidays04/archives/002065.html

Medley
uncorked.org