This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

King Jeb?

Yes, I know the law only applies to Florida, and I know that it's narrowly focused on one particular (very particular) class of court decisions, but gee whiz, it's still dangerous to allow the governor to override the courts!

I have an opinion, sure, about whether the woman in a vegetative state should be on or off the feeding tube, but frankly it's none of my business, so I don't really care to share it. Do I wish the family could have resolved it without getting into a legal battle? Sure. Do I think it's worth running roughshod over the separation of powers? Hell, no.

After all, remember the last time there was a court battle in Florida? Did we want Jeb Bush to be able to override the judges then? (Then again, the outcome would have been the same...)

No comments: