This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Monday, May 28, 2007

Pushbutton start.

We have put our global-warming money where our mouth is.

Yesterday, as we gassed up the minivan to go to Salisbury and visit my grandparents, I looked at the price--fifty-two bucks for three quarters of a tank--and something snapped. I got back in the car and said to K, "That's it. We need a hybrid."

Today, after glancing at the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, we drove off the lot in Carmax with a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Forty-three MPG city, 37 highway. And despite being "used," it has less than 500 miles on it.

We're keeping the minivan for long trips, at least for now, so we are once again a two-car family (sigh). I'm fine with a smaller car--I would have been fine with a Civic or a Prius, for instance--but K is worried about it. It's my hope that we'll sell the Venture soon, though.

Funny how I get a "practical" car for my mid-life crisis! How lame!

Further impressions to follow.

No comments: