This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Thanks to Molly for turning us here at Rooster Spice on to The Raving Atheist.

Still and all, I have to disagree with one of his Basic Assumptions, namely the proposition that atheism is a "provable" religious theory. (In fairness, this isn't an Assumption per se, but a sentence within an explication of an Assumption--say that five times fast.) If you can prove that atheism is true, I'd love to see that proof. It would make my life much easier when the Jehovah's Witnesses come knocking at my door.

I mean, come on, I'm an atheist myself, but I would never argue that atheism is "provable"; just that there is no evidence that there is a God. (Potatoes shaped like the Virgin Mary are not evidence.)

No comments: