This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Saturday, October 26, 2002

Breathe. I suppose at some point I should write about the arrest of the alleged snipers, being that I was right here at the center of the mess and all.

I'd love to be full of bravado and say "Oh, I was never frightened, I knew they'd be caught" but the truth is, I was pretty well terrified. I knew, certainly, that many more people died from other causes in those 22 days... but the sheer randomness of the shootings, and how unusual they were, really did a number on my rational side.

Naturally, it wasn't a white van or truck. Nor were the killers shooting from where I was looking out for them (the top of a building, behind a tree, et cetera). So all the "preventive" measures I took were for naught anyway, except possibly the one about not gassing up near the interstate.

I think I'm most glad that Halloween will happen as usual.

"Walk in the sun, Washington..."

No comments: