This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Friday, April 01, 2005

Rain.

It's a hideously vicious circle--I stay up late so I'm tired the following day, and when I'm tired I'm depressed, and when I'm depressed I don't want to go to bed...

I have to break it, somehow. Obviously, staying awake and writing blog entries is not the way to do so.

Used to be, every Friday I would go out and jam with the Gonnas. Now, the Gonnas are no more, but for some reason I don't find myself calling the remaining ex-Gonnas and saying, "Let's see a movie" or something. So I stay at home, the same place I've been all week, slowly but inexorably becoming more and more stir-crazy.

I will get out of the house at the end of April, at least, to go to Washington State for an animation thingy. That will help, and with any luck the jet lag won't utterly destroy me. But even that seems like less a vacation than a business trip, given how busy I'll be. Every day is scheduled to within an inch of its life.

And of course to get there, it's a 3 1/2 hour flight to Dallas, then a 3 hour layover, then a 4 hour flight to Portland, Oregon. I'm seriously considering copying the complete Lord of the Rings extended editions to my laptop hard drive. And even then I still have time to kill...

4 comments:

Laura said...

You should! (Copy the LOTRs to your hard drive, that is.) Watching movies on your laptop definitely helps on long flights. So does drinking lots of water. I'm probably dehydrated all the rest of the time, but I've found that drinking water on airplanes really makes a big difference with jetlag.

Squelch said...

I'll take your advice. You know all about long flights, after all. :D

Anonymous said...

Absolutely right about the water when flying. Once I figured that out (years later than I should have), recovering from flights was much faster for me.

DVDs on laptops are also good - My last cross-country trip I watched a bunch of the first season of "24" - killed a bunch of time.

Other suggestions: get an aisle seat if possible; stand up and wander around every 60-90 minutes; pack books that you want to read (not that you feel you *should* read); avoid checking baggage if at all possible; wear comfortable clothes and shoes; pack a deck of cards; avoid bras with underwire - they can set off the metal detectors (ok, guess you can probably ignore that one... ;-) )...

That's all I've got for now..

-Medley
uncorked.org

Squelch said...

void bras with underwire - they can set off the metal detectors (ok, guess you can probably ignore that one... ;-) )...

The first airline trip after my back operation (way back in 1990), I was terrified that the steel holding my spine together would set off the metal detector. It didn't. But can you imagine trying to explain that one?