This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Friday, April 22, 2005

The great adventure, or "Ten-Four, good 'tooner!"

On Sunday, I'm going West, young man (though not as young as I used to be). Hash, Inc. is sponsoring a gathering at their heaquarters in Vancouver, Washington. It's for their 'top artists,' but I was invited anyway. I'm pretty excited. I'll be meeting two of the people who worked on Duck Sauce--one of them at the gathering, and the other during my three-hour (!) layover in Dallas on the way out. I'll try to post regular updates, if only to compete with Godfrey, who is also going. We're splitting a hotel room, so expect lots of dish about snoring, bathroom habits, etc., and maybe even a Great Drama of Friends Who Meet For The First Time and Can't Stand Each Other (well, hopefully not that last).

It's going to be exciting but strange, and makes me think of my days in CB radio, when I would occasionally meet people whom I only knew by voice. At least in this case, I know we'll all have something in common other than the need to avoid smokeys.

I'll also, with luck and time, be able to meet up with an old college roommate, who lives across the river in Portland, Oregon. I didn't do a great job planning for that, though--how was I supposed to know that Hash would be working us 24-7?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell GH I said GHi. (The second G is silent.)

Squelch said...

Will do!

Laura said...

Good luck! Have fun! Don't forget to drink lots of water on the plane (says the perpetually dehydrated girl)! And that claim about the frequent updates better not be a bait-and-switch.

Laura said...

P.S. The "need to avoid smokeys"?? As in cops, smokers, or what? Are you on the lam?

Squelch said...

Bait and switch? Me?

Oh, you know, the old CB thing--everyone is telling everyone else where the cops are, so they can speed with impunity.

Laura said...

Ah. Of course.