This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Sunday, February 20, 2005

For my regular readers.

Today, I am moved to give something back. Maybe it's because I can now listen to music while vacuuming, maybe it's because my son's ear infection is getting better, maybe I'm just high. Anyway, with so few readers of this blog I can't afford to take y'all for granted, so here are some things, some small things, for my regulars, at least those I know about.

These are all bootleg recordings, so although posting them may be technically illegal, at the very least I'm not taking money out of the artists' pockets. They'll only be up for a week or so, so grab 'em while they're hot. They're all in MPEG-4 audio format, suitable for iPod, iTunes, or QuickTime player. Be sure to right-click and save unless you know that your browser is set up to handle .m4a correctly.

First of all, for Clarence, one day past your birthday: a live version of Imagine, the only known recording of John Lennon playing it on guitar. Recorded at the Apollo in New York in December of 1971. Don't worry, you still know more about the Beatles than I do.

For Godfrey, a solo acoustic version of Bruce Cockburn's song If I Had a Rocket Launcher. You know why.

For Mike: I'm not sure if you are a regular reader anymore, but I know you're a Paul Simon fan, so I offer up Bridge Over Troubled Water from Simon and Garfunkel's recent tour. This was recorded at the MCI Center in D.C., one night before K and I saw them.

And for Laura: this is a tough one. I don't have any bootlegs of the Beach Boys, Dylan, or The Band. So I chose, simply, another beautiful Bruce Cockburn song, called Open. I hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you. I'd never heard of Bruce Cockburn before, but I like it. A lot. (It's going on my iPod.)

Anonymous said...

Well, thankee kindlee, Squelch. As the hitcher said in the Roald Dahl story, "It's always nice to be appreciated." And now that I'm older than God (if you accept that Jesus was (a) 33 at death and (b) God), I'll take all the rejuvenating appreciation I can get. Love to la familia...

Mike Daisey said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks!

I, too, had never heard of Bruce Cockburn.

Nifty song.