This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Thursday, January 01, 2004

(Applause, laughter.)

Pyotr, Pwyll, and Murray once sang:
Where's my sense of humor gone?
Long wind passing...
When I started this blog nigh a year and a half ago, I really wanted to just make people laugh--not the side-splitting, gut-curdling humor of Dave Barry, but a gentle, Mao Tse-tung's Little Red Book kind of chuckling. And for a while, I succeeded, or so I'd say, but with each and every good bit, there was a crushingly depressive corrollary.

So how does my humor return? Well, I could try political jokes:
Governor Schwarzenegger! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Or maybe, I could emulate the Farrelly Brothers' style:
Drew peed on my sleeve today! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Or maybe just rely on Zippy-the-Pinhead-style dadaism:
There's a monkey in my pants, and it's breaking its wig over the crimping tool! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
(Things are always funnier with monkeys.)

Perhaps it's a yin and yang thing. Since starting to blog again after my hiatus, I've avoided the extreme suicidal posts; you can tell when I'm feeling bad because that's when I don't post. But could it be that the humor only appears in relation to the despair?

Or could it be, horror of horrors, that I was never that funny to begin with? Don't answer that.

No comments: