This is Zach's personal blog. If you're looking for his movies, please click here. Otherwise, have fun!

Thursday, January 02, 2003

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little blogs. Well, we just finished paying the bills for December. After that orgy of spending, we have six dollars and forty-three cents in our checking account. That's actually better than we do most holidays, in that this year we didn't have to dip into our savings account. Heck, we have to do that most months, which makes me wonder if maybe, just maybe, we're living beyond our means.

Oh, darn. My eyes fall on a reciept from Jiffy Lube--since it's a full sheet of paper, I missed it when I was putting in all my other checking account reciepts. I suddenly realize this means we're actually overdrawn by about fifty dollars. A cold hand clenches my heart. It is the hand of the Bank Examiner from It's a Wonderful Life, saying, "Mr. Bailey, there's a deficit!" Clarence! Clarence!

Oh well, we'll survive. We just won't, you know, eat 'til K's next paycheck. Suddenly I'm seized with the need to earn money again. But how can a stay-at-home father with few marketable skills (and less spare time) make money? How? HOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MONTRESOR?

No comments: